How To Stop Smoking?
Trying to stop smoking, is one of the best things you can do for yourself, but it can be really challenging. One of the best ways to quit smoking is to use hypnotherapy.
The satisfaction from smoking a cigarette, cigar or even an electronic cigarette of your choice, comes from the subconscious mind where all habits are stored. For the average person, trying to break into the realm of the subconscious mind is confusing and takes a lot of willpower.
How To Quit Smoking
The reason why so many smokers quit smoking, only to start again is because while they can manage to convince the conscious part of the mind to stop smoking, the subconscious mind is where the smoking addiction remains dominant, creating the urge to start smoking again.
Imagine a tug of war battle between the conscious and the subconscious mind, Hypnotherapists use hypnosis to bypass the conscious mind and access the subconscious mind, to remove the habit of smoking, this changes the relationship on how you look at cigarettes.
I use hypnotherapy to make this change permanent enabling you to live a healthier life and be free from smoking.
How to give up smoking
While hypnotherapy can be helpful in the process, the desire to quit smoking is the first requirement that I look for in smokers. If you are only doing it because you are told that you should or because of peer or family pressure, you may not get the results you want.
It is so important that you want to quit or stop smoking to make this treatment successful.
There are different methods that I use to conduct a hypnotherapy session for smokers. All methods work by first putting you in a relaxed state, where the mind is more open to suggestion.
Secondly, there is the direct suggestion method where I ask the individual certain questions relating to how they feel about cigarettes and what they feel the unpleasant outcomes of smoking are.
Taking it up a level, I could also direct the persons focus on the poisonous effects of smoking in the body and the need to protect your body from everything harmful including the toxic effects of smoking.
I like to empower people by teaching simple self-hypnosis techniques and then instruct them to repeat these statements to themselves should the feel the urge to smoke. This makes it easier for them to quit smoking.
Stop Smoking With Hypnosis
Some hypnotherapy treatments may use techniques to weaken a person’s urge to light up a cigarette, while others try to strengthen their willpower instead. Others can use stop smoking aids like stop smoking patches to help you quit smoking.
The Benefits of Quitting Smoking?
People have been smoking tobacco for a very long time, but it wasn’t until fairly recently that the long-term health effects of smoking started to be noticed.
Today the habit is considered to be the most prominent cause of premature death anywhere in the world.
So the sooner you decide to quit, the better it is for you.
A successful treatment to quit smoking will offer lots of health benefits to you, you will have fewer side effects from using Hypnotherapy to stop smoking.
What Happens When You Stop Smoking:
- Carbon monoxide robs the body of oxygen and with all that cigarette smoke, your body is starved of oxygen.
- Stopping smoking lowers the carbon monoxide levels in the body as oxygen supply in the blood increases, facilitating easier breathing.
- The flow of oxygen also permits muscles to function better, the brain to feel more alert and the body to feel more energised and awake.
- Lung capacity increases while unpleasant features like smoker’s cough disappear.
- People who quit smoking will also experience their respiratory conditions improving while uncomfortable symptoms like asthma will also dissipate.
- Sleep patterns will also be improved significantly when you stop smoking.
- Stress levels are also reduced which are typically very high for smokers due to the nicotine hit and the subsequent withdrawal.
- When you stop smoking your body will take a time to recover and the immune system will be rebooted. The susceptibility to catching colds and flu is reduced.
Over time the risk of cardiovascular complications decreases as the body heals and becomes free of nicotine. The health scare that associates smoking with cancer is reduced significantly since the body will be relieved of harmful toxins and chemicals.
All in all, the standard of life for people who quit smoking will improve and their life expectancy increases significantly.
So you if are interested in using, hypnosis to stop smoking, why not give me a call today so that I can help you beat the habit!
Purethoughts Hypnotherapy is based in Camberley, Surrey and works with customers from Berkshire and Hampshire. We are also close to Bracknell, Crowthorne, Fleet, Farnborough, Farnham, Yateley, Woking and Aldershot.